cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer shows offline, has to be restarted to work

judyg
Apprentice

My Canon MF8300C printer goes into an energy-saving mode, shows as offline, and won't print unless I restart it.  It is attached wirelessly.  How do I change this?

3 REPLIES 3

quincysw
Apprentice

I just started having the same problem.  No matter what setting I change the energy-saving mode to I still have to turn it off and turn it on to get it to print.  I am attached via LAN.  Help on this is greatly appreciated and needed.

I have suddenly the same problem. I have MF8300 (connected by lan). I print on this printer from 4 pc and all of them started to do so. How did you solve it please?

I have/had the same issue. There appears to be no means of simpy clicking on an icon at the computer. The only solution I have found - assuming your printer does not have a checkbox in the "Use Printer Offline" option (Start  > Settings  > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected) is to turn off the printer, unplug the dang thing, wait 30 seconds, then turn back on.  So far this has worked for me every time.  I believe part of the problem is that I often have large gaps between printer useage (4-6 weeks or more).  The following link provides the solution I just quoted as well as others to try:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4496876/windows-10-troubleshooting-offline-printer-problems

Announcements