cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor scan quality Canon i-SENSYS MF657Cdw

olafson
Apprentice

Hello,
I have a problem with poor scan quality on my new printer Canon i-SENSYS MF657Cdw. 
When I use software MF Scan Utility (on Windows 11), the scan to PDF document has a blue backround - see the first picture.
But when I use mobile app Canon Print (for Android), the quality of scan to PDF document is perfect - see the second picture.
Scan into e-mail is also perfect. The problem is only when scanning to PC.
Please, how can I to fix the problem with scanning by MF Scan Utility?
Thank you in advance,
Olaf
1 mf scan utility.png2 mobile scan.png

10 REPLIES 10

stragoski
Contributor

Hi @olafson, 

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm about to buy this same printer, and its main use will be to scan documents to my Windows computer.
Have you found an answer to your issue? This could really be a deal breaker for me.
And apart from this issue, are you satisfied with your printer?

Thank you for your advice and have a nice day!

Hi stragoski

Unfortunately, I didn't find a solution, that's why I use the "scan to email" function.

O.

Hi olafson, 

Thank you for your answer.
Damned, I just bought a MF752Cdw... I hope I won't have the same issue! Fingers crossed...
Have you tried upgrading your firmware to the latest version?

Best, 
Romain

Hi,

yes, that was the first thing i did.

Best,
Olafson

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There was no further activity on this thread after the user's initial post.

The iSENSYS series is intended for sale in Europe.  I have 2 US models.  The MF644Cdw and MF656Cdw which are comparable to the 657Cdw.  Both are fantastic.  Scan a copy quality are very, very good. 😀.

I scan to windows and Mac.  We use iOS and Android device too with the Canon Print Business App.  No issues whatsoever.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, 

Thanks for your feedback! I want to replace a HP multifunction printer I just acquired, and for which I had many scan issues.
Can you tell me how many rollers are there in the Automatic Document Feeder? In the HP I have, there's only one, and that may be the reason why all my scanned documents are tilted. And the more I add sheets of paper to scan, the more they will be leaned... and at one point, they look like that: 
2024-04-29 19_25_56-20240425_scan_145131...no_comment.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader (32-bit).jpg

I'm also missing all information within the 2 mm on the left margin for all documents I scan, either with the Automatic Document Feeder or the pane. Could you confirm that I won't have the same issue?
Below is an example: 
-> Photo of the left margin of a document, with some information printed within the 2 22 left margin :
2024-04-29 19_20_04-Doc anonyme entier - doc entier.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg

-> Screenshot of the scanned pdf document: 

2024-04-29 19_19_17-Doc anonyme entier - coupé côté gauche.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader (32-bit).jpg

As you can see, the vertical text is unfortunately missing.

Could you please tell me if you're having the same issues with your MF656Cdw?

Thank you in advance for your help, and have a lovely day!

Romain

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I can confirm the number of feed rollers in the ADF when I get home this evening.  My scans are not missing any information.  It scans edge to edge and is perfectly legible on the ADF or platen. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

stragoski
Contributor

Hi again Rick, 

I managed to find a video on Youtube where someone opens the top compartment of the printer I'd like to buy: the MF752Cdw, and it seems it has one centered roller too.
2024-04-30 00_19_13-Canon mf752cdw crg 069 toner Cartridge. print,copy,scan. - YouTube.jpg

So it looks like my HP is not working well, but the lateral guides seem a little longer, so maybe this can help. Below is the top of the ADF of my HP: 

IMG_20240430_002303.jpg

And if you say that you don't have any issue with your MF656Cdw, I guess (and hope) I won't have any problem with the model MF752Cdw either.

Thank you again for your precious information!

Kind regards, 
Romain

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

My 656 looks like that, two rollers in the middle of the feeder.  Everything operates smoothly.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements