cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ImageCLASS MF656Cdw won't scan

macclelland
Apprentice

I just purchased a new Imageclass MF656Cdw color printer.  I did the normal install and it prints fine, however, I can't get it to scan to computer via Wifi.

I am using Windows 11 and I installed the latest Canon drivers.  

When I click on Scan > Computer then select my computer, click the Scan button, it shows it "thinking" and trying to scan, but nothing happens.  The paper stays in the feeder and eventually I get a message that just says "An error occured".

What am I doing wrong? Did I do something wrong with the set-up? Is it a wifi issue?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on your description, it sounds like you're trying to scan using the ADF from the printer's LCD?

Does the copy function work? 

Have you set a destination on your computer for the scans?

What drivers did you install?  Did you install the MF scan utility v1.21.0.2?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Based on your description, it sounds like you're trying to scan using the ADF from the printer's LCD?

Does the copy function work? Yes

Have you set a destination on your computer for the scans? Yes

What drivers did you install?  [Windows 64bit] MF656Cdw/ MF654Cdw/ MF653Cdw/ MF652Cw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic FAX / ScanGear) & [Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.1.21.0.2

Did you install the MF scan utility v1.21.0.2? Yes

I played with it a while and finally got it to work.

But now I have two new issues I can't figure out:

1) When I scan legal sized documents, it cuts off at 11" letter sized.  I can't find an option to scan legal sized documents.  Any help?

2) When scanning multiple pages, it downloads with separate image files for each page.  Is there a way to have it scan as multiple pages in a single file?

Thanks

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good work solving the issue.  I'm away from my desk.  I'll look at my settings in a little bit.  My multi-page scans save as one file.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements