cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message appears Printer: offline"

diverguy
Apprentice

After the strorm my MF6540 and IP6700D printers show the message "Printer: offline' and I cannot print.  The both worked before the storm and they both show the correct port.

2 REPLIES 2

hunkress7
Apprentice

try disconnecting data line and printer cable.  leave off for   about twenty minutes.  then reconnect cables and power up, if that doesnt work, i would try deleting the printer from the system and re-installing.  many power lines and phone cables are experiencing cross overs or connect failures in nyc area   good luck

priscilla

Hi there pricilla:

The previous post is right on target.  I've found that that problem exists in most printers of any brand.  I don't think that you need to sit there for 20 minutes or so though.  I think that might be a litttle overkill.  I have found that most of the time when you unplug the AC  & the data line(USB),  all you need is 2 - 3 minutes.  Maybe not even that.  Now then, that being said,  brace yourself for this to be an on-going frustration.  Sooner or later, that printer is going to simply stop working. 

Not sure if it still holds true with ISP and the MODEMs - but that's pretty much the same remedy for no internet.

Good luck to you with this.

marwenpix

Announcements