cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2320 -Black ink color malfunction even after cleaning & replacement

jen2579
Apprentice

My black color was replaced today after prematurely replacing it due to it not working....(I thought there was something wrong with the old one...I cleaned the heads with the auto clean. once with deep clean and another with regular clean. I restarted the printer several times. It's registering on the ink levels as full.

On the print nozzle check, the black doesnt show up at all. 

On the pop up print dialoge box on my computer, I went into color options and noticed the screen only shows magenta, cyan & yellow but doesnt show the black....I wonder if this has something to do with it?

I do not have "grayscale" selected, so thats not part of the issue.

Maxify mb2320

Any suggestions?print1.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

JSchaff01
Apprentice

My 3-year old MB2720 just started doing the exact same thing about a week ago.  I have to wonder if the latest firmware update screwed something up.  Photos print fine, but black text does not print at all.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jen2579,

Please perform 2 more deep cleanings.  If the black grid still does not print at the top of the nozzle check, your MAXIFY MB2320 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements