cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFC8580cdw unable to find appropriate driver for photo printing

boomer400
Apprentice

Hi all, I have an MFC8580cdw which overall has been a great device as its multi-functionality has been very useful. However, recently we've had some issues with it with respect to the photo printing aspect. When trying to print to a 4x6 or 3x5 paper, it is really difficult to pull it off. One reason is that when I go through my drivers, none of them seem to offer that size paper support. It always defaults to 8.5x11 or other "standard" sizes. In the paper options, there are no selections for photo sized paper. Seems rather peculiar to have to try to fiddle with Custom sized paper (usually unsuccessfully).

When I go through the basic manual, there's very little to none mention of using the machine for photo printing. This is very frustrating. While I understand that the typical usage is for Pixmas or similar photo specialized printers to print specifically for photos but the utter lack of any photo support is galling. In the end, I had to resort to using an HP multi-function printer to do it as I was in a time bind.

I found that whether using native Win media tools or Picasa or HP Photo printing, it's relatively a simple process to print photos but with the Canon, it's almost prohibitive to do it as the drivers always limit one to the generic paper sizes and when trying to fit custome paper sizes, it's a royal pain and usually unsuccessful. Anyone have any ideas?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements