cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am installing a Maxify MB2320, but am not able to see the printer from my iPhone airprint

Mark59
Apprentice

I am installing this printer, and have been successful in communicating with it from my main PC via USB, LAN and Wireless LAN.  I have note however been able to get the Airprint feature to work.

I also intalled the Pixima/Maxify app on my iPhone, and it says it can not see the printer.

I have read the on line materials, but must be missing an important detail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark59
Apprentice

OK, here is the "Rest of the Story"

There is a setting, where the Administraitor Password can be completely deleted.

I deleted it, and all my devices can reliably connect to the printer, through my Wireless Access Point.

I will say that the Canon Phone Support was the best exeriance I have had with a help desk.  3 calls, zero waiting, when I called back, the automated service knew it was me, and saved all my information.  The support people were helpful, and courteous.  One more reason that I bought another Canon printer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark59
Apprentice

Here is what I have discovered so far...  After calling the Canon help line, I learned that I can "Log onto" my printer by using the IPv4 IP address that can be found by going to the setup screen on the printer, selecting device settings, then Lan Settings, then COnfirm LAN settings then Print LAN details....

I can enter the IP address in my web browser, then I am asked to log in as the Printer Administraitor. 

This allows me direct access to the printer, right from my iPhone.

When I have completed this, I can use the airprint feature.

My problem is, I don't want to log in every time.   Any advice?

Mark59
Apprentice

OK, here is the "Rest of the Story"

There is a setting, where the Administraitor Password can be completely deleted.

I deleted it, and all my devices can reliably connect to the printer, through my Wireless Access Point.

I will say that the Canon Phone Support was the best exeriance I have had with a help desk.  3 calls, zero waiting, when I called back, the automated service knew it was me, and saved all my information.  The support people were helpful, and courteous.  One more reason that I bought another Canon printer.

Announcements