cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580CDW color problem

r-retzke
Apprentice

I have a MF8580Cdw color laser for home office and it does not have heavy use; the Y and M tonor is still on the first replacements. Recently I used all the functions to clean and adjust, and that is when my trouble started.

Color printing looks like parchment paper: a Yellow and Magenta background is noticible. The density of the background is slightly more Y than M to left of center and more M than Y to right of center, and density of both colors increases from center to left and right paper edges. (The "parchment" look has darker edges, and the middle area has no white.)

I've tried the Full Correction and Copy Correction feature several times with no result. Strangely, on this memorized page the background is NOT colored (with Magenta) on the path of the Yellow test.

My toner levels indicate "OK" on the panel and Remote UI. (However, I did see any warning messages when the Cyan and blacK cartridges needed replacement.)

Please advise how to restore a white background on color printouts via panel, Remote UI, or otherwise.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements