cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8500CMFDriversV2085W64usEN can't detect my network printer

wastelandwonder
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I am having one hell of a time trying to get my cannon MF 8580 to work correctly.  The problem is when i try to install the driver. I have gone to the cannon website and aquired the most revent driver version but with no success. Everything is fine untill i get to the network scanning tool. It simpply does not detect my printer and i have 2 of them on my network. 

Little background on my PC

Windows 10 x64 just built a brand build with no security software installed. (even disabled windows firewall wondering if that caused it. If i go to another computer on my network ( windows 7 x64) and try to use the same driver the network scan utility sees both printers just fine and installs with no error.\

now if i go back to my windows 10 pc and try something like run safe mode with networking the driver sees both printers just fine but completes with an error as a "network port could not be created".

i'm at a total loss as to why this is not working i know my computer can see if in safe mode so something is stopping it from working in normal operation(not safemode)

1 REPLY 1

wastelandwonder
Apprentice
Quick update: I finally managed to figure out what the problem was. It turns out windows 10 actually blocks file and printer sharing (echo-request-icmpv4-in) by default. Basically every time i ran the MF driver install and began the network discovery tool no printer could respond to my query from the mf driver installer.
Announcements