cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8080Wc & Apple Mac Pro

GleanerL
Apprentice

I can't get my Canon MF8080Wc to print with my Mac Pro.  I still can use my printer with my Windows XP. Tried to download everything I could.  Can't come up with an appropriate driver.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi GleanerL.

I'll be glad to assist you with this issue.

So that I can better assist you, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Which version of the Mac OS X operating system are you running on your computer?
  2. Are you connecting the printer to your computer wirelessly over the network, or directly with a USB cable?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice,

I am running OS X Version 10.9.2

I will use a USB Cable.

Thank you!

Hi GLeanerL.

Thank you for your reply.  Please verify that there are no devices, such as USB hub, between the printer and the computer and then follow the instructions below to install the drivers.

The drivers are available for download at the Canon USA website.  Please click the link below and enter your model number:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

1. Expand the Drivers section by clicking the red triangle.
  2. Click on the file named MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.2.0.
  3. After reading the diclaimer, please click 'I Agree Begin Download'.
  4. Once the download is complete, double-click on the file from its download location and install the driver.

To install the driver:

1. Click on the *.dmg file that was downloaded from the Canon website.

2. Open the following folders: [UFR II] ->[us_eng].

3. Double-click the [UFR II Installer.mpkg] icon.

Click [Continue] when the confirmation message appears. The Installed starts.

4. Read the software license agreement carefully -> click [Continue].

5. If you agree to the terms of the software license agreement, click [Agree].

6. Click [Install].

7. Enter the administrators name and password -> click [OK].

Installation starts.

Note:

Depending on the system environment, the [Authenticate] dialog box may not be displayed. In that case, proceed to next step.

8. Click [Close] when the confirmation message below appears.

Finally, add the printer in the [Printers & Scanners] window:

1. Open [System Preferences] -> click [Printers & Scanners].

2. Turn the printer on -> connect the printer to a computer with a USB cable.

3. Click the [+] icon.

The printer registration dialog box is displayed.

4. Click [Default] or [Default Browser].

5. Select the printer you are going to use.

Note:

Select a printer that has [USB] displayed in the [Kind] or [Connection] column.

6. Select [Select Printer Software] from [Print Using] -> select the printer driver corresponding to the printer you are going to use from the list.

7. Click [Add].

8. Confirm that the printer has been added in the [Printing] pane of the [Printers & Scanners] dialog box -> close the [Printers & Scanners] dialog box.

Please print a document.  If the error persists, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice,

Thanks for the info.  Printer is up and running now.  Two information items.  I noticed that I didn't give the correct Model.  Should be MF8080Cw.  I found that I actually already had managed to get the correct drivers downloaded, but I wasn't getting to the correct file to find the MF Printer Installer pkg. Thank you again.  The Forum worked well.

GleanerL

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements