cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF741Cdw - printer stuck at paper jam

Jigneshs
Apprentice

Hello,

my printer says paper jammed. I’ve checked the entire printer, both front and back and there is no visible jam (my kid had removed the hammer paper).

is there a way to override the printer and continue to print? I have checked the entire manual and there is no other option for paper jam.

thanks,

Jignesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jigneshs,

If you are unable to clear a paper jam message from the printer display, it will mean there is still a jam in the printer or the printer needs service. In this situation, you can try reseating the toner cartridges using the steps in the link HERE and checking for any jammed paper or any obstructions. If reseating the toner does not clear the paper jam error, it will usually mean the printer needs service. You can also use the link HERE to make sure all of the areas on the printer were checked for jammed paper. 

If those options do not resolve the issue, you can use the link HERE to access your MyCanon account and check your service options or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jigneshs,

If you are unable to clear a paper jam message from the printer display, it will mean there is still a jam in the printer or the printer needs service. In this situation, you can try reseating the toner cartridges using the steps in the link HERE and checking for any jammed paper or any obstructions. If reseating the toner does not clear the paper jam error, it will usually mean the printer needs service. You can also use the link HERE to make sure all of the areas on the printer were checked for jammed paper. 

If those options do not resolve the issue, you can use the link HERE to access your MyCanon account and check your service options or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. 

Hector, 

You're right, the printer message was correct. There was a very small paper clip that was stuck in the document output tray (where the initial paper was jammed) but was not visible. I was able to locate and clear it (with Canon support), and then the printer started working correctly.

Thanks for the response.

Announcements