cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw Stopped printing

GWT
Contributor

To be clear, machine still creates documents, that is the print engine is working just fine.

I am not able to print a document from my WIN10 computer to the MF644Cdw.  I have not tried all the sources of print documents - only my accounting software, MSWord, and PDF Reader.

All will send a document to the queue where it sits with no action, no errors or other messages.  Just sit there in a stack, not even with a status noted.

I can initiate the scan function from the computer.  I can acess the machine from the Remote UI. 

I have done something to screw it up (it was working very well).  Today I touched it and, well, not so well.

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi, GWT.

Since the printer is scanning adequately, it's communicating without issue across the network.  Open the printer properties (Start menu > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Canon MF644's entry > Manage > Printer Properties) and select the Ports tab at the top of the window.  If the printer is not set to an MFNP port, try removing the printer, then running the driver installation again.  The latest download is available at the MF644 Cdw Drivers & Downloads page.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi, GWT.

Since the printer is scanning adequately, it's communicating without issue across the network.  Open the printer properties (Start menu > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Canon MF644's entry > Manage > Printer Properties) and select the Ports tab at the top of the window.  If the printer is not set to an MFNP port, try removing the printer, then running the driver installation again.  The latest download is available at the MF644 Cdw Drivers & Downloads page.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements