cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644 Borderless Printing Question (with Screenshot)

Indigo
Apprentice

I spent almost 15 minutes searching the forum before posting this, honest!

Recently purchased a brand new Canon MF644 cDW. So far I really like it, except for one issue: I'm trying to figure out how to print to the edge, and have had no luck. Aka bleeding edge printing, aka borderless printing.

I have several projects on hold because of this, and would sure appreciate any tips you all could give me. Please and thank you!

Note: screenshot shows I have options for this, I just do not understand how to use them.

Error messages: N/A - Again, I just not know how to use the options I have

OS: Brand new Windows 10 Pro Install  - this is not really related to my question

Connection: Both USB and Wireless - this is not really related to my question

screenshot.png

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I didn't see anywhere in the image of your driver where borderless printing is supported.

There is a setting on the printer that allows printing beyond the printable area, but I haven't confirmed support for borderless printing yet.  It mentions smudging so it might be possible.

See the manual page 282

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAzNDMzODAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

The menu route map listed under the Appendix isn't working so I couldn't find an easy menu for you to follow.

OK, found one...  Its the second link

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-apdx-menurmp.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jlopez0104
Apprentice

Hi! Did you ever find a fix to this? Having the same issue. Thanks!

Announcements