cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF642cdw printer and scanner issues.

roberto_kojiii
Apprentice

Hi,

Since Ive bought MF642cdw printer I couldn't use it properly. Sometimes printer works right away when I hit the button "print", but sometimes it delays a long time, i already had to restart printer to get something printed. Scanner I never used. My notebook doesn't have cd player so I couldn't install driver. I downloaded it but  it doesn't find printer so I couldn't finish installation. Notebook and printer are connected to network. unfortunatelly i'll return printer if I couldn't make it work properly.

2 REPLIES 2

BaffledTexan
Apprentice

OMG!! Me too!!! I just bought this MF644cdw and it's awesome and was printing great but now can only print using my handset/ i phone)... I have no idea what to do... I have been on hold with Canon tech support for over an 1 hour and 45 minutes.  I will try turning it off and then back on. But really???? I bought this monster 2 days ago.  HP,my previous printer, was great and Customer support always answered... 😞

Darius
Whiz

Hi roberto_kojiii and BaffledTexan.

If you haven't yet done so, try pinging the printer from the computer, and vice versa.

Viewing the MF642Cdw network settings

Pinging from the MF642Cdw

If neither can ping the other, or the computer cannot ping the printer, then they are either not on the same network, or the router is not allowing communication between the two.

If the computer can ping the printer but the printer cannot ping the computer, then either the router is not allowing communication, or something on the computer is preventing the printer from successfully communicating.  Check the computer's security settings to ensure the printer is being allowed to communicate.

Note: if the computer is on a 5 GHz wifi connection, try switching it to a 2.4 GHz connection, or switching the MF642Cdw to a wired LAN connection.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements