cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF624cw No Longer Printing - Windows Update?

brian11373
Apprentice

I have a MF624cw that up until few weeks ago worked fine, printed fast and great quality. Since it has not printed in good quality (fuzzy & mixed colors) if it prints at all. Usually the only thing that happens is it will sit there with the "Processing" light blinking and never print. The thing is, this only happens on my two personal laptops which are running the latest Windows 10 update. I am able to print perfectly from my corporate laptop (also Windows 10 but company controls the updates) as well as my iPhone 10x.

Any ideas on if this is a Windows 10 update issue? And if so, what can be done about it and is Canon aware?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since each software environment is different, and you have only provided limited information about yours, we cannot confirm what your issue might be or if it is related to recent updates to your OS. 

The current non-insider build of windows 10 available as of today (6-30-2020) is 2004.

There are known issues with some recent windows updates affecting all brands of printers, not just canon.  Here is an example:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4567523/windows-10-update-kb4567523  

It includes:

Updates an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing, generate print errors, or cause apps and print spoolers to close unexpectedly. MS has already released fixes for most if not all prior builds to address the issue, but its possible that some might not have received the update(s) yet depending on your settings and current build.

Things you can do:

Review the System Event Viewer for information or errors that might confirm you are experiencing the behavior, print spooler stopping, or other issues.

If its been under 10 days since you updated to the "latest" build, you can safely rollback to the previous "feature" update.  Settings > Update and Security > Recovery

Check for specific updates or patches which are known to address the issue (depends on actual build) you have installed.

Uninstall and reinstall your printer, drivers and software and reinstall using the latest drivers/software from canon support

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/drivers-downloads  

We can't really be more specific than this given what we know about your environment.  I hope this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements