cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF445DW Won't Print Envelopes Properly with Stamps.com!

miaclockman
Apprentice

I replaced an old Brother MFC with this new Canon printer.  The Brother had NO problems with Stamps.com software.  Envelopes printed with no issues.

I attempted to set up this printer and everything printed out skewed.  I then spent over 3 hours with a level 2 tech at Stamps.com and still cannot print the envelopes correctly (#10) with the software.  I would like to know if anyone has had luck with setting the MF445DW with this software to correctly print #10 envelopes???  I'm reallySample EnvelopeSample Envelope frustrated and disappointed!

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Miaclockman,

If the envelopes are printing skewed, it will usually point to a paper feeding issue. You can try reloading the envelopes using the steps found HERE.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Does the issue happen when you print from other programs?
  3. Does it look like the envelopes are having any problems feeding through the printer?

Thank you for responding.  I'm using Windows 11 and the Stamps.com software has no problems printing to my Brother Color printer.  It is not an issue with improper feeding because envelopes print okay with Office 365 Word.  Tech support from Stamps.com attempted every possible configuration with their software and weird printings came out.  I've uploaded 3 examples.  The one that looked the most "normal" still did not comply with USPS standards.... the closest that tech support could get was to get the vertical barcode 3/8" inch from the top of the envelope. It seems to be incompatibility between the printer and their software.  I even called Canon tech support and the agent checked all of the settings on the printer and we printed a test envelope using MS Word which printed correctly. Screenshot 2022-05-16 175904.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-16 180004.jpg

younglawca
Apprentice

Hi Mia,

I just purchased a Canon ImageCLASS MF642Cdw laser printer. I have the same or similar problem with the same postage software. I dont think its a software issue, and there is no issue with the feeder. Canon rep seemed utterly incapable. Postage vendor tried everything. I am not putting the name in here because the Canon bot scrubbed it out of my post. Its the same one as you use. Anyway, did you ever figure out a fix or get successful support? I would love to know. 

Announcements