cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF229DW Scanner Doesn’t Sit Tight

BostonDan
Contributor

The scanner that is sitting on top of the printer block is not sitting tightly on the left hand side like it does on the right hand side.  I think it used to.  Any suggestions on how I can fix this?4A4A5716-5B60-41D7-A386-33B11E632C77.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

**Edit My mistake.  I thought you were showing us a picture of a new printer.  I see from your reply now it's not and you have owned it for a bit. 

I'd start by cleaning it up.  Use a strong vacuum with a brush and crevasse tool.  Then canned air and finally a damp cloth.  Now try and get the sections to fit together properly.  Its shouldn't be that difficult to get everything lined up unless the machine was dropped.  I would also inspect inside to ensure that is clean as well. 

Next perform all maintenance tasks. 

Maintenance - Canon - imageCLASS MF229dw MF227dw MF217w MF216n - User's Guide (Product Manual)

Poor Print Quality:

Before Replacing the Toner Cartridge - Canon - imageCLASS MF229dw MF227dw MF217w MF216n - User's Gui...

If that doesn't work:

Replacing Toner Cartridges - Canon - imageCLASS MF229dw MF227dw MF217w MF216n - User's Guide (Produc...   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The printer is several years old and I’d like to keep it.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Other than it needs a good dusting, it still works great, I’d just like to fix it.  

PRINTER CLOSING: I’ve done everything you mentioned above but it still doesn’t close correctly.  I feel like there is something mechanical broken or missing.  Any suggestions?

PRINT SPEED: The quality of the printing is great, it’s just that it sometimes take forever to print.  Is there anything I can change to have it print faster such as a print driver or setting?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Fit: There are no loose pieces between these components, so there is no good way for us to troubleshoot fit remotely.  Something is not aligned or is broken. otherwise, the parts would fit together flush.  

Print speed.  Printing in a lower quality like draft mode will speed up printing at the cost of quality.  You'll have to decide if this is acceptable to you.  Text or images might not be as vibrant or crisp, but shouldn't be too bad.  

Other factors which can impact print speed is the type of connection you are using the printer with, computer resources and the type of document you are printing. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements