cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2700 error "sending fax..."

JimmyP
Apprentice

My MB 2700 seems to be stuck in a fax mode.  I have reset all settings to factory and still get same message when I try to print.

2 REPLIES 2

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi JimmyP,

I understand your MP2720 is continuously displaying the message 'sending fax' although several troubleshooting steps have been taken. The following troubleshooting steps will assist in resolving this issue:

On the Printer

1. Disconnect the power cable.

On the Computer:

1. Cancel all pending print jobs.
  2. Remove the printer from the wireless computers printer list under Devices & Printers
  3. Remove the printer driver from the Program & Features list.
  4. Restart the computers.
    • While the computer is restarting perform the following steps on the printer.

On the Printer

1. Plug the printer in and power it on.
  2. Slide your finger across the screen from RIGHT to LEFT two times.
  3. Press SETUP.
  4. Press DEVICE SETTINGS.
  5. Press LAN SETTINGS.
  6. Press OTHER SETTINGS.
  7. Slide your finger from the BOTTOM to the TOP of the screen 1 time.
  8. Press WSD SETTINGS.
  9. Press ENABLE/DISABLE WSD.
  10. Press DISABLE.
  11. The printer will adjusting the settings.
  12. Press the BACK button 1 time.
  13. Slide your finger from the BOTTOM to the TOP of the screen 1 time.
  14. Press LLMNR.
  15. Press ACTIVE.
  16. Press the HOME button on the printer.

On the Computer

Now that the printer is adjusted, reinstall the MB2700 series MP Driver on your computer. The following steps will assist you:

1. Click HERE to go directly to Canon download website.
  2. Below Drivers & Downloads, next to Operating System, your operating system should be detected.
  3. A little further down and to the right, click on the SELECT button next to the file titled “MB2700 series MP Driver Ver. 1.00 (Windows)”
  4. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  5. If you are asked to RUN or SAVE the file, click on SAVE.
  6. When the file has been saved, you will be given the option to OPEN or RUN the file. This time click on RUN.
  7. If you are not given the option to RUN the file, go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the file titled, “m68n-win-mb2700-1_02-ea34_2.exe”
  8. If you are asked if you would like to allow the setup program to make changes, select YES or OK.
  9. When the welcome screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver/software on your computer.
  10. After completion of the driver/software installation, perform a test print.

Okay, I'm new here, but like all of you really frustrated with the "Sending fax" error.  I have to also agree that the instructions given previously by the Canon person were way too complicated.  Here's what I did and it worked for me.

1. I uninstalled all of the various Canon software that gets downloaded with the full installation.

2. I unplugged and replugged the power to the printer.

3. I reinstalled the software and selected only the bare essentials for print driver and one utility.

4. I used Windows 10 to install the Canon printer versus installing with the Canon software.

5. I did NOT install the faxing software so my MB2700 only prints, copies, & scans.

That's it.  It took an hour and a half to get to this point of it finally working, but I did verify it works.  I genuinely feel for people trying to troubleshoot this problem.  I've been in IT for nearly 40 years and this was no simple fix.  I hope this post with these instructions helps anyone who's still struggling with this.  I tried to keep the steps simple.

Announcements