cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Pixma MX922 "cannot connect to server" in order to register printer to Google Cloud Print

woodardbarnes
Apprentice

For my Canon Pixma MX922 I am following directions from website support  "Using Google Cloud Print"

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_prin...

Cannot move on to item 11 because I have no print out of the authentication URL.  "cannot connect to server" 

5 REPLIES 5

T-Rex
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. It's frustrating. 

Danny

Hi, woodardbarnes and T-Rex!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer models you're each using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

It is an MG5420. Today, I was finally able to register the printer again. However, the printer shows as offline, and the print jobs I sent remain queued. I've tried turning the printer off and on again a couple of times, which is how I used to solve the "offline" problem. So...progress? But it still isn't working. 

wally44
Apprentice

I found the page that says I need to update my firmware to get my printer to connect to the cloud.  However, there is no firmware listed for download to fix the problem.  How can I get the firmware needed to fix the cloud print problem (and the firmware update problem)?

rebooting the printer allowed me to download and install a newer firmware.  Now it talks to the cloud servers.  Not clear if it will print from the cloud wirelessly, however, as I had to use the wired ethernet to set it up, but will use the printer wirelessly.

Announcements