cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2320 - Scanning multi-page documents and saving as a single, page-consecutive PDF

tjhart2010
Apprentice

I just purchased and set up a Maxify MB2320 to replace my PIXMA MX892, which fell victim to the dreaded "Incorrect Printer Head - U062 Error." My only disappointment thus far is the replacement of "MP Navigator" with "Canon Quick Toolbox" and the unavailability of ADF-AutoDuplex scans. My problem: I've searched the instructions, tried the "Document," "Custom," and "ScanGear" utilities and cannot figure out how to scan multiple-page documents, have the scanned images appear in a single place where they can be put into sequential order, and save the whole mess into a single PDF file that can filed and saved in a folder designated by me. I'd very much appreciate a step-by-step tutorial on how to do that. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following adjustment to scan Multi-paged PDF files with the unit:

1. Open the IJ Scan Utility from your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu (Windows) or Applications folder (Mac).

2. Click Settings.

3. On the left, click the 'Scan Document' tab.

4. In the 'Save Settings' section, click the 'Settings' button.

5. Change the Format option to 'PDF (Multiple Pages)' and click OK.

6. Click OK at the bottom of the Settings menu.

Once this has been done, click the 'Document' button in the IJ Scan Utility to begin scanning the PDF file.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following adjustment to scan Multi-paged PDF files with the unit:

1. Open the IJ Scan Utility from your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu (Windows) or Applications folder (Mac).

2. Click Settings.

3. On the left, click the 'Scan Document' tab.

4. In the 'Save Settings' section, click the 'Settings' button.

5. Change the Format option to 'PDF (Multiple Pages)' and click OK.

6. Click OK at the bottom of the Settings menu.

Once this has been done, click the 'Document' button in the IJ Scan Utility to begin scanning the PDF file.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your prompt response and suggested solution. It worked! (One of the reasons I got lost is that the CSR I spoke to when I called initially sent me straight to the "ScanGear" tab in the "IJ Scan Utility," rather than "DocumentScan" (not "ScanDocument.")

Couple other observations. When I installed the utilities onto my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1, the shortcuts were installed to the Hidden Icons Folder in the System Tray, not the Desktop; I can pin the utility to the taskbar or add it to the Start Menu, but I can't create a shortcut for the Desktop by right-clicking. Also, after scanning two double-sided pages manually for the saved PDF, I was able to rearrange the pages into proper order mostly because the pages were graphically distinct enough to tell them apart in the thumbnails. This would be impossible for pages that are all-text, since the thumbnail images are so small. Is there a way to make the utility windows any larger, or otherwise make the thumbnail images readable?

Thanks again.

Hello.

A shortcut for the IJ Scan Utility should have been placed in the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.  If not, you may have to reinstall the MP Drivers from our website to get the proper shortcut.

There does not appear to be a way to make the thumbnails larger.  However, the pages should be placed in the same order that they were scanned.

Try checking the orientation options in the Settings menu of the program.  Make sure that the Long Edge is selected to see if this helps with the page order.

Thanks, Michael.

I get your point on the "Document Scan Orientation Settings." When one scans a two-sided document in "Document (ADF Manual Duplex)," though, the pages will scanned in odd-even (1-3-5, then 2-4-6) order, so the pages still have to be re-ordered manually before the document is saved. The only other way to scan a document in correct page order using the ADF would be to feed the first side in and wait for the page to emerge to turn it over and feed in the second side. Correct?

Announcements