cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2320 Printer - Support for multiple users on an Mac OS X machine?

jtobison
Apprentice
I successfully got the IJ Scan Utility and the scan from the printer control panel to work in the administrators user, User1, but then when we switched to one of the other users on the machine, it doesn't work. I can print successfully from User2, but when I try to use IJ Scan Utility, I get an error message that something is wrong with the communication. Also, when I try to scan to PC from the printer control panel, only User1 is on the pick list. User2 is not listed. What do I need to do so other users can scan? I'm using an iMac running OS X El Capitan. I've downloaded and installed all the mb2320 OS X utilities and the print driver. Thanks for any help you can provide. John
2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When fast user switching is used, the applications will still be tied to the user that was previously logged in.  Please restart your Mac and then log in to the new account to make the switch and see if this helps.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jtobison
Apprentice
Thanks, Michael. I'm traveling for a few days, but I'll try this when I get back to my machine. Appreciate the tip.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements