cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2160 Error B504

Deadman
Apprentice

Since updating the bios, My MB2160 has thrown up the B504 error, is there a fix for this, like does the bios of a printer have a memory battery. how can you clear the bios, the normal factory reset thru the screen isnt doing anything..

went out and purchased new cartridges, they are more than what the printer is worth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This error indicates an insufficient ink supply to the print head.  Since this can cause an overheat condition, printing is disabled. 

Common cause of this error: using non-Canon inks.  Lack of use might also cause this problem if the ink delivery system becomes clogged.

I didn't see any downloads for FW on the product's support page.  How did you come by the update?

Not much from Canon on the error B504

Did see this, but am not sure if it will help

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This error indicates an insufficient ink supply to the print head.  Since this can cause an overheat condition, printing is disabled. 

Common cause of this error: using non-Canon inks.  Lack of use might also cause this problem if the ink delivery system becomes clogged.

I didn't see any downloads for FW on the product's support page.  How did you come by the update?

Not much from Canon on the error B504

Did see this, but am not sure if it will help

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Deadman
Apprentice
The update for the printer came via the canon site or where ever the printer logs onto. The printer was displaying the update on the screen

Greetings,

Thanks for clarifying.  This function is built into the printer's websever and is another method of software delivery used by many manufacturers.  My HP does the same.  It's safest to perform upgrades like this over a wired connection.  Meaning connection via ethernet or cable, not wirelessly as this can introduce a point of failure.  This applies to any device motherboard, router, printer, camera, etc.So always use a wired connection regardless of the device type. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements