cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF743Cdw printing from Mac Keynote scaled pages not working

bvon
Apprentice

I've got a presentation that I'm trying to print out to proof/review. It's mainly to present via video display, so the presentation is set for a widescreen aspect ration.

So, when I go to print this presentation from within Keynote, it won't print. The printer turns on, sounds like its warming up, then just beeps and doesn't even start trying to print. I've tried all different kinds of settings but nothing works.

Note: if I print the presentation to my Brother laser printer, it prints without a problem. And, if I export the presentation as a PDF, I can also get it to print. 

Very frustrating since I just bought this printer a week ago. If I can't get basic issues like this worked out, it looks like I'll have to return the darn thing. 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you create this preso or did it come from someone else?

What version of MAC OS are you running?

What version was the file created under?

Are any error messages displayed?

How is the printer connected?

Are you using the correct drivers for your OS?

Sorry, we have to ask these questions since you didn't provide this information.

Returning seems a little drastic for not being able to print 1 document. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi. Thanks for your help! Here are my responses to your questions:

• I created the presentation.
  • I'm running the current version of Mac OS (10.15.4).
  • I'm using the current version of Keynote (10).
  • The printer is connected via wifi.
  • Yes, I'm using the correct drivers for my OS -- it says Canon MF741C/743C in the system preference panel for printers and scanners.

Unfortunately, this isn't the only issue I've had setting up this printer. Like many users, the printer seems to print faintly -- hard to read. I've gone into the setting per the instructions on Canon support, and it's still printing so light that sometimes the text is hard to read. Also, I've given up trying to use the MF tray for envelopes. I literally spent hours trying to get it right and looking for answers on here and online with no luck.

I really want to love this printer. Just having lots of issues that are troubling.

If you've got any suggestions on this problem or the others, please let me know. I certainly appreciate it.

Bruce

Hi bvon.

We have released an updated driver for the MF743Cdw to improve its use on Mac OS 10.15.  If you haven't yet done so, try installing the latest version from the MF743Cdw Drivers & Downloads page.

Other than that, information about navigating the paper options in the printer driver may be found at the following link:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3844-zz-DR-enUV/contents/dmu-prt-prt.html

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

so, does this version fix the issue I am having on mac catalina where the printer shows idle but offline if it has gone into sleep mode.  The only way to get it to print is to uninstall printer and re-install??

oh, and I cant get to the files because instead of making drivers available on a ftp or third party site, we can getting the "unavailable" notice due to the attack on canon.

Guys, you have to make drivers available to people so they can get work done while you figure your other issues out...customers.

Announcements