10-17-2020 04:07 PM
I removed a jamed paper and since then I have had a squeal (or squeak?) for a couple of seconds after each page is printed. The printed page also has a crease down the full length of the page about 3/4 inches from the left side, and a smear of the black printing powder extending down the full lenth of the paper from about 5/8 to 1 1/4 inches from the left side.
I have contacted Canon and 5 nearby companies that repair computers and printers but none of them work on this printerscanner.
I have several questiions, responses to any of them would be helpful.
10-29-2020 01:03 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums!
Please check for any paper or debris in the printer:
1. Hold the operation panel.
2. Lift the scanning platform.
3. Hold the grip on the left front side of the toner cover.
4. Open the toner cover.
5. Remove the toner cartridge.
6. Remove any jammed paper or debris by pulling it gently.
7. Push up the green colored part and then pull the paper exit guide to open.
8. Remove any jammed paper or debris by pulling it gently.
9. Lift the paper exit guide, and then firmly close it.
Ensure that each end of the paper exit guide is closed.
10. Remove any jammed paper or debris by pulling it gently.
(1) Gently pull any jammed paper downward from between the fixing unit and roller until the leading edge emerges from the machine.
(2) When the leading edge emerges, hold sides of the jammed paper and carefully pull it out.
11. Remove any jammed paper or debris by pulling it gently.
12. Lift the dust cover.
13. Remove any paper loaded in the paper cassette.
14. Remove any jammed paper or debris by pulling it gently.
15. Reload paper into the paper cassette and lower the dust cover.
16. Open the rear cover.
17. Remove any jammed paper or debris by pulling it gently.
18. Close the rear cover.
19. Insert the toner cartridge.
Fit the protrusions on each side of the toner cartridge into the guides located on each side of the machine, and then slide the toner cartridge into the machine until the toner cartridge meets the back of the machine.
20. Close the toner cover.
21. Lower the scanning platform.
This information is availabe in the manual with pictures. The manual can be downloaded from the Canon D550 website by clicking HERE. Click on MANUALS button.
If the issue continues, please call our support agents at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.