cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF249dw - Margins on envelope off

lisa298
Apprentice

I recently purchased an ImageClass MF249dw.  I use Windows 10 and Word 2007.  All efforts to use the printer to print envelopes has so far failed.  The envelope (size no. 10) prints with the return address .8" from the top and delivery address 2.8" from the top.  I've attempted to adjust the settings, to no avail. 

Clearly, I'm missing something.  I reached out to Canon's support but haven't heard back in over 24 hrs.  

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi lisa298,

Have you tried loading the paper in the manual feed slot?

Loading Envelopes

- Before Loading Envelopes
Follow the procedure below to prepare the envelopes before loading.
NOTE
Only one envelope at a time can be loaded in the manual feed slot. Follow steps 1 to 4 in the procedure below to prepare the envelope for loading.

(1) Close the flap of each envelope.

b_C374.gif

(2) Flatten them to release any remaining air, and make sure that the edges are pressed tightly.

b_C375.gif

(3) Loosen any stiff corners of the envelopes and flatten any curls.

b_C376.gif

(4) Align the edges of the envelope on a flat surface.

b_C377.gif

- Loaded Orientation
Load the envelopes in portrait orientation, short edge first, with the non-glued side (front side) face up.
NOTE
Load envelopes in the same orientation for both the paper drawer and manual feed slot.

Load the envelopes so that their flaps are at the left.

You will also need to specfy the paper size and type.   

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have followed all the instructions as provided by Canon.  I've never experienced anything like this before when using a printer.  I received a response from Canon directly and I followed those instructions and still the return and delivery addresses are printed in locations they shouldn't.  

Announcements