cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass LBP6200d - driver download not working on MS Surfacepro8

tmlf5961
Apprentice

Hi there all.  I am trying to extend the life of my LBP6200d by adding it to my new SurfacePro8 running windows 11.  For whatever reason, when I download the driver from Canon, it seems to download to the machine ok, but then the winzip will not "extract" it to start the install.  And when I double click on the file, it tells me I am "overwriting" a download already in place and nothing happens.

When I go to "add printer" via windows, this particular model is not found in the extensive canon "list" of printers.  And I do not have the original install disk and anyway do not have a CD drive.  Any ideas how to get this to "work"?  thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I did some checking online. The LBP6200d appears to be an older model printer. A listing for the unit over on Amazon has questions dating back to 2014. With that in mind, my hunch is that the drivers are not compatible with Windows 11. 🤔

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

The LBP6200d is compatible with Windows 11 and you can download and install the LBP6200d CAPT Printer Driver from our site to setup the printer with the computer. If you are having problems installing the driver on you computer, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with any issues that you are having with the install.

Announcements