Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

ImageClass LBP612Cdw says it will, but won't print from RHEL 5 using CUPS

Hi, folks,

I've got this printer in someone's office and am attempting to make it work from an old RHEL 5 machine. When I try a test print via CUPS, it claims to have successfully completed--but nothing comes out of the printer!

I'm reaching my wit's end! Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks,

John A

New Contributor

ImageClass LBP612Cdw says it will, but won't print from RHEL 5 using CUPS

Hi, folks,

I've got this ImageClass LBP612Cdw in someone's office and am attempting to make it work from an old RHEL 5.11 64-bit machine. When I try a test print via CUPS 1.3.7, it claims to have successfully completed--but nothing comes out of the printer! I've installed everything that comes with the UFRII driver, as well as foomatic 3.0.2 and system-config-printer 0.7.32.10. I can't find gutenprint in the Red Hat repos or in the usual places I look.

The printer works fine as a networked printer from the Windows PC in the office, to which I am told it is not hard-wired. There is no sign of trouble in the logs, which are set to DEBUG level.

I can make another trip to that office at almost any time if someone has troubleshooting steps for me to take. In other words:

I'm reaching my wit's end! Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks,

John A

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: ImageClass LBP612Cdw says it will, but won't print from RHEL 5 using CUPS

Would this post be better under the Wireless/Networking thread? I'm not sure. I'm happy for it to be in whichever place is best.