cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Class D420 always prints 2-sided

ronmerrill
Apprentice

Hello,

With the most recent OS update for Mac (Catalina 10.15.3), my ImageClass D420 is stuck printing double sided. I have installed the latest driver, uninstalled and re-installed the printer from settings, but still no luck. Prior to the latest update, it I could only print single sided. The option to select Two-Sided in the print layout has always been greyed out. Any advice? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you using Catalina specific drivers for your D420?

Drivers for this OS are avaialble here.  I would suggest removing the printer, uninstalling the current software or driver and restarting the system.  Then install the drivers for OSX Catalina.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im...

You will need both UFRII / UFRII LT Printer...  and the Scanner Driver and Uilities for MAC. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ronmerrill
Apprentice
Thanks for the recommendation. I repeated the install, following your direction, but still have the same problem. Everything else seems to work fine, The two-sided option is grayed out (unselectable), but it always prints duplex.

Hi ronmerrill.

When removing and then reinstalling the printer, it's important to ensure you are selecting the Canon-produced drivers in the Use Driver drop-down.  If you're only seeing a single-column list of available printers, select Add New Printer or Scanner to open the Add window.  In the Use Driver drop-down, select the driver that lists the printer's model or series number.

If the printer is installed using the Canon-produced drivers, and still experiencing this problem, make sure you're using the driver V10.19.2 [Drivers & Downloads page].

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements