cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPF6400 on OS X Yosemite

ppxnhj
Apprentice

I have (perhaps foolishly) updated my Mac to OS X Yosemite (10.10), and now cannot print to my IPF6400!

I have updated the printer driver to the latest given on the Canon website (4.10 which is listed as being for OS X 10.10) yet whenever I try to print I get the message "garodclfilter error : 3000". Looking at the web this seems to be a data error, which suggests to me that the Canon imagePROGRAF printer driver for Yosemite doesn't work.

Are other people having the same problem? Has anyone figured out a work around? I'm amazed Canaon could be so inept as to fail to support the latest version of OS X, yet that is what seems to have happened. 

3 REPLIES 3

Carney
Apprentice

I am having this same problem with the iPF8400s and the new driver on Yosemite. I deselcted the option to "print preview" and was then able to get it to go to the printer without that error. Trouble is, all of the text that printed just became empty boxes. The only thing that I can do at the moment is export the file as a PDF and take it to a PC I have and print from there. This needs to be fixed!!!

EDIT-- I found the 4.11 driver and it has fixed my issues. I think.

JustCabinets
Apprentice

Same problem here with an ipf8400. I tried installing with the 4.11 driver but still no go. There's a bunch of options not showing under the printing menu any more and when you send the print job is just disappears from the spooler and the printer never sees anything..

Canon please get this fixed!

iceland-jessi
Apprentice

I have the same problem. I tried installing the new drivers (couldn't figure out how to uninstall the old ones, not sure if I should have done something there), v. 4.10 from the website. No luck. Tried updating the firmware on the printer to the latest firmware. No luck. Just that same old "garodcl error: 3000". If anyone finds a fix for this, PLEASE let me know. I've been trying to fix this for over two and a half hours and I've gotten absolutely nowhere.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements