cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop my LBP6780dn from defaulting to duplex printing?

kleintax
Apprentice

I recently purchased my LBP6780dn and am very pleased.  However, it really want to print two-sided when I usually print one-sided.  When using Adobe Acrobat DC, I at least have an easy option to turn off duplex; in Word 2016 the same, but some programs just don't comply.

I find the manual of limited use and can't find where there is a setting to "default to one-sided printing."

Please help.

Thanx

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi kleintax.

I will be able to assist you.

To change the default two-sided printing setting, please follow the instructions below:

Windows:

1. Click "Devices and Printers".

2. Right-click on the LBP6700 Series and select "Printing Preferences".

3. Click the "Finishing" tab.

4. Click the drop-down arrow next to "Print Style" and select 1-sided.

5. Click "Apply" or "OK" at the bottom of the window.

6. Print the document.

Mac:

1. Click [File], and then [Print] in the application you would like to print from.

2. Click the drop-down arrow next to [Copies & Pages] or [Safari]. This depends on the program that you are printing from.

3. Select [Layout].

4. Set the 2-sided option as [OFF].

Before you print the document, we recommend saving this option as a "Preset", so that you don't have to make these changes in every application that you print from. To save this setting as a preset, follow the steps below:

1. Click the "Presets" drop-down arrow and click "Save current setting as preset."

2. Name it "1-sided" or "Single-Sided" and verify that the imageCLASS LBP6780dn is the only printer selected.

3. Click "OK".

4. Print the document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements