cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up 2-sided to 2-sided for copying on my imageCLASS MF654Cdw?

walkerp78
Apprentice

When printing from Word, two-sided works fine; however, when I try to copy (using the flatbed or glass), I am only offered 1 to 2-sided copying and I don't know how to add duplexing for copying.  Can someone help?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Does this mean you are using the printers LCD when copying from the platen?  If not what OS are you using the printer with.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, I'm so sorry I'm just replying but I did not phrase my question correctly. 

I just need to copy a 2-sided document and keep it 2-sided.  My printer only allows 1>2 sided copying. There is no option for 2>2.   I was wondering if there's a way to add the 2>2 feature but have been unsuccessful.  I can't find any instructions on how to add that option in any manuals either.

Bill973
Apprentice

I have the same question, same machine (MF654cdw).  It looks like this model doesn't do 2-sided to 2-sided copies.  If anyone knows differently, please let us know!

Hi.  After doing further research on my own, I discovered that this printer doesn't offer 2-side to 2-side copying.  If you want to do 2-sided copying, you will have to copy the first side then slide the copies you just made into the tray and then proceed to follow the same procedure to get 2-sided copying.  Thankfully I was still within my trial period and was able to upgrade to the Canon MF753Cdw which offers 2>2, 1>2 and 2>1.  If it's not too late for you, I suggest you do the same thing because not only does this one handle 2-sided copying, but it is also faster and offers an optional cassette so you don't have to fill your paper tray often. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I think you are mistaken.  I don't see that you ever answered my question about what operating system you were using the printer with. Have you installed the printer drivers?  The printer supports single pass duplex scanning via the ADF. The output can be printed one page double-sided or two pages one side only if you wish 🙂

In this first image, you can set default behavior for the computer or scanner.  You can also choose to have the ADF scan both sides (one pass)

shadowsports_2-1726366415112.png

Once captured, you can choose single side or double sided printing. 😉

shadowsports_1-1726366355827.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The scan utility for my mf654cdw doesn't have that option (MF Scan Utility Ver.1.21.0.2).

Canon.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I see now that I am the one who was mistaken.  When I searched for MF654 Cdw ADF duplex, I was presented with the wrong manual. This information has been removed from the specifications on the support page, making it more difficult to get specifics on specs.  Not sure why this was done.  While the 654 does support duplex printing, it's ADF does not support duplex scanning single pass.  My apologies.   

You can still print double sided, but additional work/steps would be needed to format the document.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements