cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Canon C5030 to print black and white

Photon-X
Apprentice

Hello:

I am trying to force my Canon C5030 to only print black and white even if it is sent color prints. We do not use a print server and if I change the defaults on each machine, co-workers can still change it to print color. Is there a way to force this through the settings on the actual printer?

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I don't know what setting on the device could prevent from printing in color. Maybe something in service mode.

I would suggest to use the Canon Generic PCL6 driver and set it to 'Black & White [A3]' in Device Settings in the printer's properties. In that way, you can provide all functionalities like finishing options, drawers etc. and the color option will not be available.

But If you don't have a print server, probably users will be able to install a color capable driver themselves on their computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OKCANON (652-2666) and we will be happy to provide dealers who are in your area.

I found that out after I called canon.  Dealers want to charge me for service, so I came to the forums hoping someone in the community could help me.

Hi,

I don't know what setting on the device could prevent from printing in color. Maybe something in service mode.

I would suggest to use the Canon Generic PCL6 driver and set it to 'Black & White [A3]' in Device Settings in the printer's properties. In that way, you can provide all functionalities like finishing options, drawers etc. and the color option will not be available.

But If you don't have a print server, probably users will be able to install a color capable driver themselves on their computer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements