cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling i-fax on Canon iR-ADV C3530 III

Mcmeevin
Apprentice

Hi there

My client is being bombarded by spam i-faxes, which are constantly being printed out and it is forcing them to remove the paper from the trays whenever they don't need to print.

My guess is that the function is being exploited through SMTP RX which is enabled so they're able to scan to email, this is set to relay through 365 so no authentication is set.

This brings me to the question of, is there a setting that allows me to disable i-fax completely? The closest thing I have found is a i-fax related setting called memory lock which I have enabled hoping that the i-faxes will come in but not print unless the end user specifies.

Any help regarding this would be much appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements