cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***DOWNLOAD MODE*** Waiting - Error Message on ImageClass MF2880DW Printer

georginasw
Apprentice

Hi Everyone - My MF 2880 printer has stopped working. It's giving me the error message ***DOWNLOAD MODE*** Waiting. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Many thanks,
G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I fixed the problem:

1. Unplug printer from power source and wait a few minutes.

2. While waiting, restart the computer (I didn't shut down and reboot, just restarted it.)

3. Plug printer back into power source.
4. Do not turn printer on immediately. Instead, hold down the STOP key on the printer and keep it pressed down as you turn the power button ON. Keep holding the STOP key down until the printer has completely booted up, then release it.

That got everything working again and allowed me to print my document.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

georginasw
Apprentice

I just found this solution on another site and it worked temporarily for me but then went into download mode again. I thought I would post it here in case it works for someone else.

[Link removed per community guidelines]

SamanthaW

Hi!

Thanks for posting on our forum!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is a time-sensitive matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day! 

Thanks - I tried calling Canon Support but all they said to do was take it to a Certified Service Center, which will end up costing me as much to replace it. I was hoping other people may have found a way to get it out of DOWNLOAD MODE.

I fixed the problem:

1. Unplug printer from power source and wait a few minutes.

2. While waiting, restart the computer (I didn't shut down and reboot, just restarted it.)

3. Plug printer back into power source.
4. Do not turn printer on immediately. Instead, hold down the STOP key on the printer and keep it pressed down as you turn the power button ON. Keep holding the STOP key down until the printer has completely booted up, then release it.

That got everything working again and allowed me to print my document.

This didn't work for me. Nothing works.
I'm so disgusted by this printer. I've only used it enough to use up ONE toner cartridge in a year and now it seems I'll have to replace it. You can bet it won't be with another Canon product.

BCMuseum
Apprentice

My printer did this as well. I found a video on YouTube that was very helpful. Essentially just find the printer on this website and update the firmware. It took about 3 minutes and the problem is solved. My printer had been running slow for a few months, but now it is just as quick as it was the day I purchased it. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements