cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation message won’t ever stop!

Rmcginnis44
Apprentice

Good Afternoon,

This is my first post, If it's been covered somewhere else please let me know.

i purchaser used a canon mf741cdw, it looks to be brand new, never used, but their may be a reason for that.

everytime the unit turns on I get a "control condensation" message and it wants to vent for 2 hours, it has never printed for me and everytime I try and print it just displays the message again and tries to vent for another two hours.

the printer is in a low humidity, air condition environment and has been that way for over a week. 

Is what do I need to do to fix this... please help!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds like you pourchased someone's problem.  I'd return it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am having the same issue with my MFC641C, however, the printer won't even go into the mode, so how am I supposed to get it to work?

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi,

The MF741Cdw should not be installed near a window or AC/Heating vent. The environmental conditions recommended are:
Temperature: 50 °F to 86 °F (10 °C to 30 °C)
Humidity: 20 % to 80 % RH (no condensation)

Try moving the printer to another location in the office.

Is the Control Condensation feature ON?

When the temperature changes rapidly in the environment where the machine is installed, condensation occurs. Select <On> to remove dew condensation in the machine. When selecting <On>, specify whether to restrict jobs.

Select on the MF741Cdw operation panel: <Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Maintenance>  <Control Condensation>  <On>  Check the message  <OK>  Select the item  <Yes> 

While condensation removal is being performed, printing may not be performed properly and blank paper may be output.
If you set to <On>, you need to keep the machine turned ON to maintain the effect of condensation removal.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements