cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color ImageClass MF624CW -- Can't Scan to Computer

rkoreto
Contributor

I've had this printer/scanner for years. No problems printing. However, I've never been able to scan directly to the computer. I've tried various cables and nothing works. I always get "connect to the computer."

I have to go through the extra step of scanning to a USB and even then it's fussy--it won't always accept the USB I have handy. 

I'm finally getting tired of this and want to know how to scan directly to my laptop. 

I use Windows 11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks! I appreciate your comment. Unfortunately, none of the literature was helpful. It turned out I needed a driver that wasn't described anywhere. A very helpful customer support rep at Canon walked me through it and now it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

Not.clear on what you are doing.

Do you have the user e-manual for the printer?  If not, download from Canon. See the section "Scanning from the Machine".

How is printer connected to computer........by USB or  over a network? If you can print, they are seeing each other.

On the printer control panel, do you select "Computer" as the scan type? If more than one computer is connected to the printer, you then have to specify the destination.

Does this work?

Thanks! I appreciate your comment. Unfortunately, none of the literature was helpful. It turned out I needed a driver that wasn't described anywhere. A very helpful customer support rep at Canon walked me through it and now it works.

angelin
Apprentice

I've had the same issue.  What was the driver that the customer support rep referred you to?

I'm sorry--I wish I remembered! She talked me through it. It can be time-consuming getting an actual person there, but if you're patience, you can connect and they are very knowledgeable. 

Announcements