cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF8280Cw can print but not scan

shpider
Contributor

I have a Canon MF8280Cw and a PC.  I have installed the software (multiple times) and connected via a wireless network.  If I input the IP address in a browser I get to the screen the manuals say I should see.  I can print, but when I go to scan I get the message "connect to the computer."  I was told I am connected!  The scanning software says it can't find the scanner but it does show my machine in a dropdown menu, and then when I go to the scan utility in the toolbar it doesn't even show the machine.  I have gone through all the troubleshooting stuff in the manual, uninstalled and reinstalled several times, gone through the whole network setup several times, and still no success.  Can anyone help?!?

32 REPLIES 32

Hi,

I was able to get the scanner to work. I downloaded the Canon driver again. And I downloaded the Scan driver from Microsoft. Here is an image of the Scan driver icon in my list of programs/applications on my hard drive:

MS_Scan.PNG

leo00
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon MF8280Cw awhile back and I am running on Arch Linux now.  I am to set up CUPS and got the printer working.  I installed SANE and while it is able to detect the scanner I always get "Device busy" when trying to do a verification test to the scanner.  Really need some help from Canon as I am out of options and I really need the scanner for my business.

momo2019
Apprentice

So what do I do on my computer to get this scan to work.

Announcements