cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF754Cdw Print quality issues

CanonVida
Apprentice

Hi everyone

We have been using a Canon MF645Cx for many years as a printer for our small business, we are still happy with it, however we need a second one because we have been growing our business

We are printing (small) labels, envelopes and general documents. The print quality of the MF645 was always very satisfactory, very sharp fonts, even with small font sizes. Print speed is a bit slow, but decent.

2 weeks ago we bought a Canon MF754Cdw and after integrating it into the network and some first tests we are extremely disappointed. Every edge, no matter if graphic or font, is very uneven / granular and not smooth at all. Especially in small fonts its extremely bad. So far I think we tried every correction / adjust mode there is and found no improvement whatsoever. Is this a problem of this particular printer or did the printing quality deteriorate so much in the newer generations?TestPage_MF645.JPGTestPage_MF754.JPG

5 REPLIES 5

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

My eyes aren't what they used to be. I don't really see any difference. The two images look identical. 🤔

I hope you were not checking them from the mobile browser, since they are heavily compressed there.
We have made some more test prints, and the printer seems to be defective. Every small font is botched, every fine line crooked. I hope the images below show it better. What part of the unit needs to be replaced?Detail1_MF645.JPGDetail1_MF754.JPGDetail2_MF645.JPGDetail2_MF754.JPG

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We can only provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The i-SENSYS MF754Cdw isn't sold or supported by our team here at Canon USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products that have been sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Canon support in Europe is a disaster currently, that is why I hope to find help in the online community. Thanks

I do see some variation with the second set of photos. As Stephen noted, we are in North America, so the 754 is not a model available or supported in this country. (I'm not employed or affiliated with Canon. I'm an end user).

My suggestion would be to see if there are any Authorized Canon dealers in your area and reach out to them. Another thought might be to see if an inkjet printer yields better results than a LaserJet printer. 🤔

Announcements