cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF6160dw email error

Tycohb
Apprentice
Whenever I try to scan a document to an email inbox I get an error message.
I've checked the email address and the network connection and both are correct. Network printing and everything else seems to work fine except this scan to email feature.
I wanted to check if anyone else has this issue and if you found a solution to it. I'd hate to have to send it back over such a small issue.
6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi Tycohb!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Tycohb
Apprentice
I was only using the printer itself. The computer is windows 8 but I just used the buttons and screen on the printer itself.

Hi - Did this get resolved? I am having the same issues and I am using Windows 8.1

Hi jennlin8.

So that I can better assist you, I would like to ask a few questions.

1.  What is the exact error code that you receive when you attempt to scan to email?

2.  Are you using an onsite email server, such as MS Exchange or Domino?

3.  Have you activated the Send Function Setting Tool?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have this same problem, which was apparently not resolved for the last customer.  This is the error message that I get when this happens is printed from the printer.

It reads:

TX RESULT REPORT

Job Number                004

Start time                    12/06 1132 AM

Sheets                         0

Error

Perigoe Inbox           [Mod note: Removed per FORUM GUIDELINES]

I have a mac running yosemite (OS 10.10.5)

However, this problem occured before I even connected the MF6160dw to my mac.  It is entirely self contianed.

I have put the printer on the wireless network.  I have sent a print job over the wireless network.  I have checked and I have IPv4, not IPv6.

Please respond i

We just received our new 6160dw from Amazon and I have the same problem and get the same error as MF160dwBuyer.  I have a Windows 10 PC and I can also prin tot the mfp without issue.  We just do not seem able to send scanned images by e-mail.  Canon - can you please respond?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements