cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF Scan Utility not working with Canon MF269dw printer

Mike71
Apprentice

I bought a new computer, and I switched my printer's USB cable from the old computer (Windows 10) to the new (Windows 11).  I can print to the printer, but the MF Scan utility says that it "cannot communicate with the scanner."  I have tried to download the latest drivers to update, but when it tries to install it to the printer, I get the "Cannot confirm connection between device and computer" error.  I have tried unplugging the USB and turning the printer on and off, but I get the same error. 

The Windows Fax and Scan app does work with the printer, but I need the MF Scan Utility.  I should add that the printer has been updated with the latest firmware.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike71
Apprentice

This was resolved by Canon tech support.  There is a known Windows 11 issue with USB.  I do not know if Microsoft has an existing patch for it, but I switched to wireless instead.  Once I switched to a wireless connection, the MF Scan utility worked fine.  Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mike71
Apprentice

This was resolved by Canon tech support.  There is a known Windows 11 issue with USB.  I do not know if Microsoft has an existing patch for it, but I switched to wireless instead.  Once I switched to a wireless connection, the MF Scan utility worked fine.  Hope this helps someone.

vmvgbui
Apprentice

I am having the same problem using wireless connection.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements