cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF Scan Utility code 11,244,0

jsimson
Contributor

I have a brand new mf232w printer using a Windows 10 OS.  When I tried scanning with the MF scan utility I got this code.  I went thru the various routines to solve this, uninstalled the driver and program for the printer, set printer as default, disabled Defender (I use Avast anyway).  After the last, I am now able to scan once before getting the message.  I restart the computer and can scan once more.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh joy! Oh rapture!  I now have a fully functioning office printer.  Thanks for all the help!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jsimson
Contributor

Update: It turns out that the scan didn't actually copy the image to the file.  And now, the scan ends up with the code 11,244,0.  It's even worse.  I hooked up my old printer and tried to scan with scan software installed years ago.  Nope. Same code.

Greetings,

It sounds like you are having a permissions related issue with your OS.  There are several possible causes you will need to investigate. 

Ensure the user you are installing under has admin privledges

Ensuring all old Canon related software for a different model or old drivers are removed. 

Set or allow a progam or folder exception, instead of globally disabling security

Uninstalling Avast, restarting an retest.  Just want to add that Avast has a proven track record of privacy concerns and causing more issues than the protection affords.  Your choice of course.  You'd be much better off using Bit Defender or even AVG over Avast.

Latest drivers for your product may be found here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/ima...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Good news.  I can scan using Windows Fax and Scan.  So, I'm set for now.  However, after having done everything you suggested, the problem persists.  I ditched Avast, installed AVG and after many tries, ran the software disk that came with the printer.  After that, I disabled AVG and tried to scan.  No go.  I enabled AVG and can print normally and scan only with the Windows scan program, which is fine.

However, I tried to use the software you directed me to at Canon and I don't think the software installed properly.  I clicked on the "Canon MF Network Scanner Selector and nothing happened.  Just poof and landed on the desktop.

I just wonder if the software isn't installing properly.  When I click on toner status, I get nothing.  I don't seem to have any utilities that would help me do something like adjust the darkness of print, something that I'd like to do.

Thanks for your help.  The problem isn't fixed, but atleast I have a functioning printer and scanner and it looks swell on my desk!

Greetings,

Glad to hear you have some level of function.  I would try to get the the printer and its software installed and functioning in an environment which is as unincumbered as possible.  Remove your security software while troubleshooting and be as "plain vanilla" as possible while you attempt to resove your issues.  Be systematic and solve one problem at a time, which might actually solve more that one problem. 

Using the included CD for install can work, but isn't always best.  Using the latest appilications if often best practice, unless you know of a reason why not to use the most up to date drivers.  The issues you are having appear to be specific to your environment.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Many thanks for your help!  I can do just what you suggest with a computer that has a fresh install of Windows 10.  I bet it will work.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I agree with your analysis - specific to my environment.  I was envisioning a goblin somewhere in the works while trying to complete an installation!

Progress.  With a spare HDD I did a new installation of Windows 10.  Right after that, I loaded up the drivers from disk (I know, I know, but I just never got anywhere with drivers from the Canon website).  All went well.  Now, I can scan with the MF Scan Utility.  I can not get Toner Status - it just goes to a blank page - maybe because I am using the beginner cartridge?  I also, can not see any utility for adjusting the lightness/darkness of the print.  To be clear, when I hit Start and see a list of programs, I find "Canon" and under that - Manual_enu, MF Scan Utility, Readme and Toner Status.  None of those takes me to a utility to fine adjust the printing characteristics.  There is also the Canon Office Printer Utility.  So, something (a gremlin) stopped me from being able to scan using MF Scan Utility and that gremlin has been conquered!  Any help with my other gremlins would be appreciated.  Am I simply missing a vital utility that is right in front of me?  Thanks again.  Can I try to download a specific utility from Canon?

Hi, jsimson.

For the finer controls, you'll need to open the Start menu, and click on Settings (the gear icon). In the Windows Settings menu, select Devices >> Printers & Scanners.  Select the Canon MF232dw entry, then click on Manage >> Printing Preferences.  This window will have the finer control for printing.  Information about the printing preferences options may be found in the driver's online manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Oh joy! Oh rapture!  I now have a fully functioning office printer.  Thanks for all the help!

Announcements