cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF 8580cdw set to wrong language

fliberdygibits
Apprentice

My printer was turned off for just a bit, powered down, unplugged for a few weeks waiting for toner and me to get a minute to switch that out.  I recently turned it back on, loaded new toner and for some reason the menus are now in japanese.  I have used google lens to translate along with canon's "menu tree" to try and set this back to english and have had no luck.  Can someone tell me HOW to set the menu back to english without being able to use the menu?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not something that can be done easily if you cannot read Japanese.  This might help.  You may still need to use a mobile device to translate.

shadowsports_0-1665980106768.png

shadowsports_1-1665980407665.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not something that can be done easily if you cannot read Japanese.  This might help.  You may still need to use a mobile device to translate.

shadowsports_0-1665980106768.png

shadowsports_1-1665980407665.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

fliberdygibits
Apprentice

So based on some other documentation I TRIED to locate the "preferences" menu using google lens to translate and there ISN'T a preferences menu.  I don't know if the word is just different when translated from japanese but I ended up recursively going into every menu branch looking for that and could locate nothing.

fliberdygibits
Apprentice

Ok, so you did however inspire me to go back and try once more and I just quite accidentally found what I was looking for.  Apparently the menu isn't in the same order in the japanese version, and "preferences" doesn't translate to japanese and back to english and remain "preferences".

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greeings,

Glad it helped. I suspected there might be some trial and error while you were searching.  I've done this once or twice myself and resolving can be challenging.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements