cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MB2320 Error code 5207

leebrett
Apprentice

Hi!

Does anyone have any information on the potential causes for an error code 5207 when trying to print.  It happens even when trying to print the nozzle alignment page.  I have done the following: replaced ink cartriges, cleaned the contacts for the cartriges with rubbing alcohole, taken the air compressor to the printer to blow out all dust, checked for jams, tried using the second paper tray only, reset factory settings, and nothing works.

I don't want to hear take it in for service as it is not worth spending even an hours worth of someone elses labor on.  I am a technical guy and can repair it myself if necessary, so I would prefer the actual list of causes for this error (someone at canon must have it) so I can try to address the issue myself. 

A service manual with take apart instructions would be nice.  

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi leebrett.

Due to the inks being under pressure, performing repairs/service yourself may result in injury.  Additionally, Canon is not approving second- or third-party services to perform repairs and service on MAXIFY printers in the U.S. 

If it's within warranty, please contact our support by making a Canon Account, registering the printer, and using the number provided.  A copy of the printer's Proof of Purchase may be required to verify the printer's warranty status.

Any repairs performed by yourself or a third-party printer repair service would not be covered by the warranty, and the printer would need to be approved as working within specifications by Canon before it would be eligible for further warranty service.  The inks in the MAXIFY line of printers is produced under pressure, which may result in service being more difficult or hazardous.  Should you choose to perform the repairs yourself, Canon and Canon U.S.A. will not be held liable for any damage or injury that may occur as a result.  Canon genuine parts may be purchased through the Parts Ordering line, available Monday through Friday, 9 am to 7 pm Eastern Time at (1)866-481-2569.

If the printer is outside of warranty, one option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is no longer under warranty.  I am only looking for the potential causes for the error code in question and a service manuals.  I know you don't encourage people to work on their own product within warranty, but not having a self service option for out of warranty issues, where I can troubleshoot, isolate and replace affected parts, is ridiculous.  We are only talking about a small subset of your customers that would even attempt it anyway, so it should not be an issue. This whole thing almost seems like planned obsolescence: cryptic error code comes up a couple of years after purchase, outside of warranty, and there are no documented causes, and oh yeah, we have this upgrade program to get you a new printer at a discount.  Come on now. If this is how you operate, then I will not be buying anything Canon in the future.

"Due to the inks being under pressure, performing repairs/service yourself may result in injury." -- Then why are the ink cartridges the only user serviceable part!? Can you please just provide a list of the known causes for this error code and a link to a service manual?  I will troublshoot and order the appropriate service part if it is worth fixing.  I have worked on far more complicated machines than a printer.  Don't flatter yourselves.

Hi!

I 'm having the same problem with my MB5455. Error code 5207. Did you ever manage to find a solution to this problem?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements