cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Color Image CLASS MF644Cdw - reset System Manager Information

djz123
Apprentice

How do I reset my System Manager Information or reset my system to factory default?

I have no idea what I set the password to and I need to switch wi-fi networks.

There are 400 posts on the internet saying the default info is 7654321 but that does not work.

Any help is appreciated as I now have a $400.00 printer that does nothing.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options, or call our US-based team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

You can view the online manual for this unit HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

That page tells you how to Set the System Manager ID and PIN.  I need to reset.

I have called 3 times and the automated system will not accept my model Image CLASS MF644 and I then get disconnected.

I have now called 7 times and it does not like my model when I talk it, this suport model is the worst I have ever experienced.

Hi djz123.

The full model number is "MF644Cdw".  Because some imageCLASS printers of the same numerical model vary in feature (such as the MF4570dn and MF4570dw), printer model suffixes are liable to vary, and thus the system requires clarification of that part of the model number.

If standard reset options for the system manager, through the printer's operation panel, did not suffice, or if the log in ID and PIN were lost, then help resetting is only available through phone support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements