cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download firmware on Mac or PC for imageClass LBP6230dw printer

jeffmr4
Contributor

Just as the title says I can't download firmware on Mac or PC for imageClass LBP6230dw printer.  Whenever I get to the page where it asks for a serial number I enter it and it says that is incorrect or not for the correct device.  I've tried a number of other numbers on boxes and warranty, etc but none work.

I'm sure the one I am entering is correct.  It is on the box, back and bottom of the printer.

Does anyone know how I can download the firmware?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffmr4
Contributor

After calling Canon Technical Support, they gave me the correct serial number for the device.  They said that depending on when the printer was manufactured that some of the information in their database hadn't been updated.

So, I downloaded the firmware.

Thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your serial number should be a combination of letters and numbers. When entering for downloads, you enter letters and numbers only, no spaces of hyphens.

If you continue to be unsuccessful, I'd use the chat feature in the support portal.  I've had good luck with it. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jeffmr4
Contributor

After calling Canon Technical Support, they gave me the correct serial number for the device.  They said that depending on when the printer was manufactured that some of the information in their database hadn't been updated.

So, I downloaded the firmware.

Thank you for your response.

Announcements