cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON LASER PRINTER MF MADE IN CHINA?

LAZER
Apprentice

HI EVERYONE

I just bought a Canon Laser Jet I-Sensys MF 9220Cdn and I was shocked and surprised to see that it was written on it MADE N CHINA.  My mind started racing back and forth and I wondered if I really bought a Real Canon Laser Printer or a copycat Chinese Version.

Can someone please explain this to me, is this a Real Canon Printer and if so I expected it to be made in Japan or Singapore but not in China.  What is the official word on this. Needless to say I have not turned it on yet until I get some kind of a confirmation that this Canon is made by Canon and not a Chinese Copy Cat.

It would be really helpfull if there is sone kind of a customer service where you can email them the Product ID and they can confirm or otherwise that it was made by a Canon Factory. Does this type of Service Exists.

Regards

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi Steve!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

hi Stephen

Actually this model is sold in the US. Here is the link

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/color_laser_multifunction/col...

regards

Steve

Hi Steve!

While the Color imageCLASS MF9220Cdn is a model sold in the US, the model you referenced was the iSENSYS MF9220Cdn, which is a model that is not sold here in the US. There are varying things that might be different from the versions that are sold outside of the US that our technicians will not be aware of, so if you are outside of the US, we recommend contacting Canon support in your area by going to www.canon.com and selecting the area in which you live. If you are in the US, or did purchase the printer in the US, please feel free to contact support here in the US by calling 1-800-OK-CANON.

What printer do you make in the USA that prints photos?

Announcements