cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New MF445dw printing problems (dash marks printing all down my paper)

DavidS
Apprentice

I just purchased this printer and downloaded the drivers and hooked it up to my laptop with a printer USB Cable.  I don't think it is a driver problem, but the driver is Canon Generic Plus UFR II V200.

When it prints, about 1.5 inches from the left margin there are a series of ten tic marks tha run down the page.  They continued even after the maintenance utilit was run to clean smudges. Not that there should have been anything dirty coming right out of the box.  I'm on hold now for 20 minutes so I figured I would give the community a shout to see if this is something that people have seen before.  

IMG_8073.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi DavidS

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance.  It is intended primarily for customers to be able to help other customers who have the same or similar products and experiences.  If the problem has not yet been resolved, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or let us know and we or other forum posters may try to help you through the forums.

If you haven't yet done so, you may wish to try cleaning the fixing unit:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-4310-zz-SSM-440-enUS/contents/devu-mainte-clean-fixa_clean.html

If that doesn't affect the output, then it may be a problem with the toner cartridge; our phone-based support will be able to help verify that and, if the toner is a Canon genuine toner and still under warranty, they will be able to provide you with warranty options for the cartridge.

DavidS
Apprentice
Thanks. As the hold time was 40 minutes I thought I would try the forums to see if anybody had a similar problem. A new toner cartridge is being sent to me and I am hoping that solves the problem. (Returning the device is not a great option nor is replacing it with a refurbished unit as its only a few days shy of brand new.)
Announcements