cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Know What This Piece Is? MF644Cdw

dws2006
Contributor

IMG_4630.JPGIMG_4631.JPG

This came with my new printer but there's no mention of it in my manual.

Anyone know what it's for?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I think someone else just posted about this.  I believe its a case cover for the rear paper feeder when open.  Check if it fits there,   

Similar model.  Not sure if it applies in your case.

Have a look

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

digidef2019
Contributor

Hi I just had the same question answered:

The part you're holding appears to the legal dust cover. When you load legal-size paper in the paper drawer, the drawer needs to be extended to accommodate the paper and that causes the drawer to stick out from the front of the imageCLASS MF642Cdw. (same for MF644cdw I believe) You would then use the legal dust cover to keep dust and other debris from falling into the paper drawer.The diagram showing the dust cover may be found at step 4 of the following page in the Online Manual (Loading Regular Size Paper):

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-basicope-papers_pset-pdrawer.html

HTH

dws2006
Contributor
Thank you, that makes sense. Seems like that ought to be mentioned in the owner’s manual since Canon goes to all the trouble & expense to include it. Thanks again.
Announcements