cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirPrint Requiring User Name and Password?

CanonCommJHG
Apprentice

Hi All,

I'm new to Canon laser printers.  We just bought a Canon MF634Cdw All-in-One Laser Printer.  I have got it setup for the computer (Mac OS - HighSierra) but am having trouble getting it setup for my IOS devices.  When I try to print Notes or e-mail from my iPhone, it hesitates seeing it, I assume because the printer is in sleep mode.  Eventually, I can get it to show up on the phone, but haven't been able to get it to showup on the iPad.  Once I get it to showup on the iPhone I see a little lock on the far right of the printer box.  If I select it, it pops up a login box needing user name and password.  But I don't recall setting that up....  I tried to add my system manager ID and password, but it won't accept it.  The other funny thing is the little message "Incorrect Name or Password..." comes up without any further input from me except selecting the printer from the first image below.  I'm hoping someone has seen this before and knows how to fix it.  Any ideas? 

IMG_3409.pngIMG_3410.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you were referring to a Windows Operating System, but it did give me an idea of what to look for.  Initially, I looked for Netowrk and Sharing Center on my computer, but only found Network and a separate Sharing app to choose.  Niether of which offered any selections for password protection.  However, I had the idea of looking for settings on the printer itself. 

Solution: 

So I tried looking at Menu > Preferences > Network > Device Settings Management then decided to see what turning it off did.  So, I selected "Off."  Then I turned off the printer and turned it back on.  That seemed to do the trick.  The printer became visible as another printer on my computer and when I looked at the details of it, there were references to AirPrint in it, so I specified that it be shared and there it was in my phone, with no lock.

Thank you very much for the suggestion!

James

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

Pleae take a look at:

Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings and selecting “Turn off password protected sharing”

Turn Off

PP Sharing.png

Save Close and reboot your computer.  Test Air Print again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Pleae take a look at:

Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings and selecting “Turn off password protected sharing”

Turn Off

PP Sharing.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I think you were referring to a Windows Operating System, but it did give me an idea of what to look for.  Initially, I looked for Netowrk and Sharing Center on my computer, but only found Network and a separate Sharing app to choose.  Niether of which offered any selections for password protection.  However, I had the idea of looking for settings on the printer itself. 

Solution: 

So I tried looking at Menu > Preferences > Network > Device Settings Management then decided to see what turning it off did.  So, I selected "Off."  Then I turned off the printer and turned it back on.  That seemed to do the trick.  The printer became visible as another printer on my computer and when I looked at the details of it, there were references to AirPrint in it, so I specified that it be shared and there it was in my phone, with no lock.

Thank you very much for the suggestion!

James

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

Pleae take a look at:

Turn Off

PP Sharing.png

Thanks.  You said MAC OS, sorry I missed that. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements