cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Scanner Software

DBCox
Apprentice
Hi,

I purchased a MF743CDW a few months ago and find the included scanner software lacking. Previously, I had HP OfficeJets, which had dummy proof software. It had a few features that I used frequently. I use the scanner almost exclusively for scanning 1-5 page grayscale documents for digital records (bills, contracts, etc). All of the 3rd party softwares I have found offer more horsepower than what I need. The assist with organizing, OCR, among other features I don't need. All I need is the following:

1. Delete unwanted pages of multi page documents
2. Crop pages, using a large enough preview I can see the document.
3. The ability to save the document by browsing and naming, rather than it going to a default location and generic name.
4. Automatically select the glass or ADF, whichever is loaded.
5. HP was not good at this, but I would love for the software to automatically"straighten" the document if skewed.

Do you have any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I think VueScan does everything on your list (plus a few more) except for option 1. 

Acrobat Pro or Pro DC is a champ at Document Redaction. 

That said, I have no idea if this software supports Canon Hardware.

Good luck.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

DBCox
Apprentice
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out!
Announcements